VALENTINE'S DAY HAIGA
~ WHChaikumultimedia members only ~
Please read the
instructions very carefully...all the way down.;-)
Since this is a holiday not celebrated everywhere in the world, we should try to express something special and/or traditional about Valentine's Day to show the world how we now celebrate, using February/early winter kigo and/or meaningful themes of celebration...our cupids, paper hearts from school, presents of wonderful chocolates and of course flowers and messages of sweet love.
he brings a red paper heart
Each artist may submit up to two works, one each in the following categories:
1) a haiga in your choice of style and choice of haiku (either old master or an original) with a kigo appropriate to February...as wild or as cozy as you like.;-)
2) a Valentine haiga: you must include a heart(s) and/or flower(s) somewhere in the image and a haiku (either old master or original) that includes the word 'love'
Your final images, including borders, may be up to 600 pixels in either length or width,
at 72 ppi resolution.
Gif, Swish, Flash, and JPG are all fine ... but not necessary.
IMPORTANT! ! IMPORTANT!
1-Name each image as follows: Valentine-yourfullname1.jpg [no spaces]
2. Subject line should read: Valentine's Day submission
send your images to me: LaaRouge@aol.com
with a copy to Linda: email@example.com
3. MM collaboration is encouraged, on one or both Valentine's Day haiga. Please write the word "collaboration" in your email and be sure to include both (all) names...members only.
4. Feel free to workshop your images onlist, as we normally do.
We are all at different levels of expertise and work so well together on our projects... Creative ideas fly fast and furious, and it's contagious. We are fantastic cheerleaders for one other and our c&c is the best!
DEADLINE: Friday... February 11, 2004
You may begin sending your haiga from now until the deadline.
Please alert any of your MM friends who may be on digest and not checking their email.
Feel free to ask any questions on or off list throughout our hearty adventure ;-)
Please continue to submit whatever other work you are doing...and wish to share with all of us.
Yessss!!...we're on our way to the Valentine's Day party .... Have a great time!
Everyone, bring chocolate! Lots!